HORSE RACING BETTING AT BETMGM
At BetMGM you will find outstanding odds across the best horse racing events.
HORSE RACING BETTING ODDS
The unpredictability of horse racing has led to thousands of iconic moments throughout the history of the sport. This leads to constant changes in betting odds based on a number of factors, most notably the condition of the racecourse.
HORSE RACING BETTING MARKETS
Place bets on thousands of horse racing markets choosing from a variety of betting options:
- Place Betting: Wager on a horse to finish in one of the top three positions.
- Betting Without the Favourite: The favourite is removed from this option in this market, giving bettors different odds for races with an odds-on favourite.
- Forecast Betting: Predict the horses finishing in first and second place in that exact order. There is an each way (or any) option in this market, meaning the two horses can finish in the top two in any order.
- Tricast Betting: Similar to forecast betting, only the prediction needs to successfully name the horses that finish first, second, and third in the correct order. The tricast is also available as an each way (any order) option.
MOST POPULAR HORSE RACING BET TYPES
Lucky 15s and Yankee bets are some of the most popular horse racing bets, mostly due to the potential returns and overall flexibility they offer. With a Lucky 15, 15 bets are placed involving four horses, which means even if one or two horses fail to win, there's still a chance of making a profit from the other combinations.
Similarly, a Yankee consists of 11 bets on four different horses, reducing the risk and increasing the probability of seeing a return.
HORSE RACING ACCUMULATORS
Accumulator bets, commonly referred to as ‘accas’, give horse racing enthusiasts the opportunity to combine wagers for a much higher payout. In horse racing, accas have the potential to reward significantly higher results due to how unpredictable the sport is.
BIGGEST EVENTS FOR HORSE RACING BETTING
- Cheltenham Festival: An iconic event held every March at Cheltenham Racecourse in Gloucestershire. The festival features several Grade 1 races including the Champion Hurdle, the Queen Mother Champion Chase, and most prestigious of all, the Gold Cup.
- Royal Ascot: An acclaimed five-day event held at Ascot Racecourse in England. The races include eight Group 1 contests, with the most anticipated being the Gold Cup held on the third day, traditionally known as Ladies Day.
- Grand National: Arguably the world’s most famous race. Held annually at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, up to 40 horses cover over four miles and jump 30 fences in two laps. Its unpredictable nature has led to this becoming a highly-prestigious event.
HORSE RACING BETTING FAQS
How to bet on horse racing?
To bet on horse racing, log in to your BetMGM UK account, make a deposit, and place bets across countless events/markets.
How does each way betting work in horse racing?
Each way betting is a two-part wager that includes a bet for a horse to win and another for the same horse to place in a race. If your selection wins, both bets payout; if the horse only places, then only the place bet portion will win. The payouts for the place part of each way bets are usually at a pre-set fraction of the outright odds.
How many bets can go into a horse racing betslip?
A horse racing betslip can accommodate multiple wagers at a time, usually up to 12.
What does NB mean in horse racing betting?
NB stands for 'Next Best.' Horse racing tipsters commonly use this term to highlight their second-best selection after their 'Nap', which refers to their top pick.
What does SP mean in horse racing betting?
SP in horse racing betting refers to the starting price, which are the odds from which a horse begins a race.
How does place betting work?
Place betting involves predicting which horses finish in select positions, such as first, second, and third.